Preparation for events is vital for successful presentation of your brand to other members.
Below is a general recommended list what you can do to prepare – choose from the list what applies to your business:
1 Preparation and Setup:
BUSINESS INTRODUCTION SPEECH:
In our Business Network Events, you will almost always be asked to nominate a representative of your business to stand up and talk during the speech session and briefly introduce your business.
- Your introduction should not be more than 1 to 2 minutes at the most. Depending on the numbers attending, the organizer will let you know how many minutes you have for your intro speech, in your booking confirmation email.
- Introduce yourself, your business name, what you do, where your stand is, and any special offers for the show day.
- If you are not comfortable with public speaking, hand your introductory speech to the MC who will read it out on your behalf.
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING:
- Business Cards
- Presentation Folder
- Media Presentation on your Device
- Quote books
- Order Books
- Receipt Books
- Card Machine
- Corporate Identity, e.g. Team name badges, uniforms etc.
- Branded products, items or posters to hold up in your hand during the group photo shoot, to promote your business.
FOR TABLE BOOKINGS:
- Branded Table cloth
- Free standing banners
- Products for Display (Depending on your stand size)
- Cables and adapters
- WiFi / Data
FOR FREE STANDING SPACE BOOKINGS:
You will have to bring your own tables, gazebo’s (if outdoors) and equipment. Chairs may or not be provided by the organizer, it depends on the venue; you will find information about chairs on the shop product page, when booking free standing space.
Also read through the above recommendations and bring that which applies to your business. If you have any special requests – e.g. if you would like to bring a motor vehicle for display purposes, contact us to discuss this so that we can find a way to accommodate you easily.
- Lucky draw on the event day, or
- Special offers applicable to the people who respond at the event, or
- Give-away specials
- Anything else you can think of to help you stand out at the event.
2 Event Photographs
Photographs will be taken on the day of your team and your stands, event activity and attendee group photos.
The photos will be uploaded and displayed on uGoGo’s website gallery,and other various areas of our website.
Where photos are used on our website, your name, business name and link to your UBC Profile page will be listed where possible.
If you have any objections about your photo being used on our website, please advise us in writing via email, and we block out your face in the photos, and remove mention of your name, business and link to your business profile on the pages the photos are on.
Prepare for the photo by wearing branded clothing, if possible, and/or having items representing your business that you will be holding during photo-shoots.
3 Arriving and Leaving
An hour is allowed for arriving, signing in and setting up your stand. No stands can be setup during the speech session, you will have to take a seat and wait for the speeches to be over. So please ensure that you arrive early to maximize the time available for your business brand to impress other attendees.
We announce when there is an hour left before closing time, which gives you time to say your last goodbyes and pack-up your stand.